I found this recipe on SkinnyTaste, a fabulous blog full of Weight Watcher-based recipes.
Low-fat Chicken Enchiladas
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 enchilada • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
These were simply amazing.
For the sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
For the chicken:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8.5 oz (2 breast halves) cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 (7-inch) reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas (Mission Tortilla)
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions for topping
This recipe is super easy. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
While the sauce is simmering, heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. After, spray a 13×9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it. Place in baking dish, seam side down. Top with sauce, but not too much. It will make the leftover soggy. Add cheese and scallions. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 25 minutes.